Tuesday 24 May 2011

Apparently I like number 4

Today is the 24th of May and I have to say I have had pretty eventful three weeks.
I was in Poland two weeks ago and I told my sister about the idea of making this year ‘my year’ to which she replied: ‘But every year should be your year’! Very true but I have to start somewhere :).
While in Poland I started reading one of the books I got for my birthday ‘Down Under’ by Bill Bryson. I’ve learned that Australia is a very welcoming place: ‘It has more things that will kill you than anywhere else. Of the world’s ten most poisonous snakes, all are Australian. Five of its creatures -the funnel-web spider, box jellyfish, blue-ringed octopus, paralysis stick and stonefish-are the most lethal of their type in the world.’ Not to mention sharks and crocodiles of course! However, all this information to my mum’s obvious disappointment, made me want to go there even more. My uncle generously informed her that it’ll cost a lot of money to have my dead body imported form Australia. I haven’t finished reading it yet but I’m planning to do so this coming Bank Holiday weekend and that will be my book for this month.
I’ve also managed, to some of my friends’ delight, cook a new dish. On Sunday I looked through the cooking books I’ve got (past birthday presents mainly) and I decided to make cannelloni from ‘The Food of the Mediterranean’. It was delish and I was really proud of myself as a result.
I keep jogging and I normally do 7k (4 miles) although I tend to do 10k (6 miles) at weekends. I’ve discovered that jogging is a very good way of releasing my stress. It surprises me how far and fast I can run just after someone decides to get on my nerves.
All the best to my friends Anna and Matt who got married on the 14th of May! I had the pleasure to wear a pink dress and great honour to be one of the bridesmaids (loyal to my list, I keep disappointing my family and the society in this matter).
That’s not all from the first month of my exciting year but it’s either too personal or not related to my list so I think I’ll leave it as it is for today.

No comments: