Saturday 28 January 2012

Balance

It's been nearly 9 months since my first post and I've decided to see how well I've been doing considering my 15 points.

I'm going to start with the points I have neglected. First of all, I haven't posted anything since August and a lot has changed, I've just been lazy to write and I admit it. I haven't quite designed/made any jewellery or clothes but I have bought a few new pieces. I have to say that especially in the clothes department I've started being a bit more adventurous. I think twice before I say naaaaah to something a bit trendy, especially since one of my friends helped me realise I'm a size smaller I thought I was. That made me very happy! Therefore, the artisitc side of me is yet to be discovered as well as the culinary one. I haven't cooked anything new for months now although I have perfected and slightly changed the dishes I already know.

I also have to admit I haven't been going out less but more! In my defense I have recently discovered I'm genetically conditioned because even my 70 years old nan, who is soon going to be a great grandmother, parties with her choir till early morning hours. My recent personal record is 8 am and I was still up for taking a ferry from England to France, luckily I had some reasonable people with me at that time (and no money).

Nevertheless, I’ve managed to follow the other points. First of all, I’ve made a huge change in my life and I’ve come back to my country, for good. If I had to give the year 2011 a name, it’d definitely be CHANGES. It’s been harder than I had expected and I miss some of the people, a lot :(. I only hope it’s all for the best. I know that soon I’ll settle in and … find new friends lol For a few months, I was pretty busy with all the arrangement and enjoying my last days living in England so that might be another reason why I’ve neglected my blog a bit.

I’m quite satisfied with my running. In October, I took part in a charity run and I managed to do 10 miles (16 kilometers) in 1 hour 38 minutes. It was a great experience and I hope I’ll do a half-marathon before my next birthday. There’s snow in Poland right now so I jog on a treadmill in a gym and is far less exciting but still good practice.

I’ve also been reading more and a few months ago one of my friends had a great idea to start a book club. Each month we agreed on a book, read it, met up in somebody’s house and discussed it. I’ll definitely miss that activity here in Poland.

Finally, I’d like to focus on the first point from the list: Say ‘yes’ to all sorts of activities proposed to me even if they seem a bit scary at first.
I was asked to take part in a photo shoot to a … naked (revealing) calendar. It was a very scary idea at first but it was for a good cause and I hope I managed to help a very special and brave person. The whole experience was great fun and I’m very happy I could be a part of it. The calendar will always remind me last days in England and how much I’ve managed to change during ‘my exciting year’.

No comments: