Saturday 20 August 2011

Probably the best holiday in my life

I went to Cyprus for a week with three friends at the beginning of August. I normally do a lot of preparation before a holiday: buy a guidebook, plan roughly each day, I even look into restaurants and bars I could go to. This time, I didn't even know the name of the town we were going to. We got a half-price deal on the internet so I expected a cheap hotel with horrible food. But when we got there, OMG it was amazing! A huge resort with a big swimming pool, slides and bars around it, right on the beach as well. The restaurant was overlooking the see and we could either sit outside or inside. There was a great selection of very tasty food and they would put out these very funky decorations, like flowers made out of a vegetable or fruit. The waiters were very friendly and helpful but, for some reason, always informed us when they had a day off lol. Although the resort was very good and we were quite happy to just chill over there, we also managed to visit some places and do a few things for my blog :).
The best day there was when we took a boat trip. On that day I managed to do a few things which I can cross off my list. When we stopped to swim in the sea, some guys started jumping off the ship into the water. It was quite high up and apparently, according to one of my companions, I had a sparkle in my eye and so I was convinced I wanted to do it too. So I went up there and scared like hell jumped off the second deck. Then I did it again with one of my friends only that time I managed to land on my bum and that was pretty painful for a while.
We then decided to go parasailing. We did it in pairs and were towed behind a speedboat while attached to a parachute. The views were breathtaking and I felt very free, relaxed and happy up there. After that, two of us decided to go jet skiing. I had tried it before but on a lake and since then always wanted to do it on open water where I could go full speed. So I did and it was awesome! I discovered I love adrenaline rush.
One day we went to Nicosia, the capital city of Cyprus. It is divided into a Turkish and Greek part and you can cross the boarder on your passport. On the last day we decided to go hiking up a mountain to visit ruins of a castle. It was very hot and only two of us made it to the top but the views were definitely worth the effort. Later that day, we took another boat trip to watch the sunset. It was very beautiful.
We also went out a few times in the nearby town, Kyrenia. My personal favourite was the first night out when all of us looking glamorous smoked shisha, drunk local beer, chatted and laughed while sitting in an open air bar. It was all fab until one of us decided to get disgusting shots which she couldn't handle herself lol. We called it a sex and the city experience. We also went to an open air night club which was up a hill overlooking the sea. Great fun!
The whole holiday can be described as amazing, exciting and unforgettable. The sun makes me very happy and I started thinking that maybe I should live in a hotter country.

1 comment:

Lukasz Starczewski said...

No, jazda do pisania :) 6 postów na rok?? Ja też muszę się zmobilizować, bo mi ostatnio czasu na wszystko brakuje.